^J^

^J^
BECAUSE I REALLY MISS TWA AIRLINES!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A MONDAY TEASER........:))

MIX IN, ARE SEVERAL LOVELY "TWA AIRLINES'S" ADS..........
 YOU MAY CONSIDER THOSE BEAUTS......
 "LAGNIAPPE"....(which,here in Louisiana, means a little 'something extra'...such as a 13th donut when buying a dozen)....
Now carry on...and have a Great Monday!!!!
^J^

Warm and Inviting destinations........

HELLO,...."CAPTAIN".........MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!
(SEE BELOW)


BACK TO A TIME OF 'ROMANCE'
^J^

Frank,.........May I tag along......, in the Connie????

"GLAM"........Served up quite nicely....with Smile's what were genuine.....OH...AND 'REAL' YUMMY FOOD(without warning labels)!!!
(see below)

                                                 THE CAPTAIN'S EYE'S FOCUSED..........
                                               
                              AND SEEDS PLANTED,  THE DREAMS OF A YOUNG BOY.......

"DEDICATION" TO.......COMPANY......LOYALTY TO THAT "LEGACY AIRLINE"
(see below)




"SILLY TOY".....(even has it's own pilot)

.....BACK WHEN THEY WERE HEAVY ENOUGH TO BE CONSIDERED WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION....:)))

NOW GET BACK TO WORK....LOL
WASN'T IT...NICE, TO GET AWAY.....IF ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES.....Mmmmm???

12 comments:

Bas said...

Awesome, once again some great old vintage ads! Saved some to my PC :)

It's a shame they don't make ads like that anymore!

Have a greet week!

Bas

Anonymous said...

"Come Fly With Me" - Only if you're paying, Frank... Only if you're paying!

Great selection there Julie... ;)

Dave W said...

A truly great collection - its so easy to look back at the past with rose tinted specs, I know I do - its funny how everything just seemed better when we look back.....

Word veri...rehorb - close enough to REHAB as makes no difference!! LOL! :)

getjets said...

Bas...
You stealing my Ads...again........LOL

KIDDING......!!
the ads "Belong" to all of us!!!!........
I'm lucky enough to find and give them a home....for all of us to see....again...

remember put in a "special Aviation folder"..:)))

You have a Great Week too....!!

getjets said...

Foggy........Hey there!!!

Thank you!!
you can tag along with me........

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!!!
^J^

getjets said...

Dave...

Thank you!!!...
These lovlies...really "Find" Me.....
on my travels......surfing the WWW ....
the least I can do is show them off!!!!!!

Hey...
Dave.......you better be doing the "W"........thing....LOL

and my "W" day is just getting started.......
I always try to get in, at least 3 'good Work hours'....in a 8 hour day........Eshhhhh

Then I'll end up.......spending 10 hours a day.......looking for a new job.........

Ah Oh........time to get to work.....
Have a great week Dave W....!!

Anonymous said...

I had 1 of those "SILLY TOYS"! Weren't "SILLY" when I had one.... 'twas the "real deal". Mine was in "RAF Transport Command" color's... from when the UK had an "RAF" :(

Work prep complete... waiting on hotel info from the client...

getjets said...

Foggy.....Do you still have that 'silly toy'???
I would love a picture of it!!!!

No, those toys weren't silly to us....................

I had an 'easy bake oven'.....a lovely toy...(from the 60's)....not the 1860's either....Ha Ha
you could practice being a future.... "Jolly Happy Homemaker"

you know with pre-fab(lead based) cake mix...pour in metal pan.
.....slide the pan just under a 150 Watt light bulb....
burn the shit outta ya...(scars I carry to this day..:))))

.....BUT......that contraption........ got ya ready for 'HOMEMAKER OF THE YEAR'....IN THE 'BETTER HOME AND GARDENS' MAG........LOL

course, I always ate the batter raw.............and I wonder why I almost fluncked "Home Economics"....not to mention "brain damage"....


Almost True Story...........

Foggy...PLEASE ....keep me posted on your Weeks events.....!!!!!

Bas said...

'Special Aviation Folder'... hmmm do you have that? That folder is called 'images' on my laptop lol :P

getjets said...

HA HA........BAS.............!!

I HAVE 3 ZILLION TRILLION PICS.......IN JUST AS MANY FOLDERS.........SAVED....

NEVER FIND THEM THOUGH............
it just feels good, to just have them!!!!!

Bas said...

Haha, true! And my screensaver is linked to it so whenever I leave my laptop on for a while they all come by with a 2 second interval. Mesmerizing and often makes me forget why I needed the laptop in the first place haha :)

Q: When instructed by tower to, “Square your base leg,” what is expected?
A: The controller expects a square or perpendicular (90 degrees from final) pattern rather than a turn toward final on a dogleg (45 degree intercept).

getjets said...

THANK YOU BAS.........!!!!!!!!

I susspected such.......but just had not heard the phrase"square up"...many times.......
Thank you Again....for answering my question!!!!
my Dutch Aviator.......:))))